@home safe helps you to live independently in the home of your choice, whilst ensuring your loved ones know you are safe, well and secure.
Improve your quality of life through easy to use technology which is tailored to your personal needs and choices.
We experience the benefits and pleasures of technology every day, often without giving it a second thought. Smart phones, calendar apps, traffic lights, Sat-Navs, smart televisions and everything else! At BENDIGO we have come to realise that we can take major steps forward in the way technology assists to improve quality of life, independence and safety for people living with dementia, physical illness or disability. It also provides peace of mind for their loved ones, carers and legal guardians.
@ home safe is created by a unique team brought together by their personal experience as family carers. They have combined their professional expertise in Smart Home Technology and Health & Social Care to deliver what is probably the best in assistive technology today.
All the functions that a person requires would be based on a comprehensive assessment of need carried out by experienced staff. The assessment would be reviewed annually or as needs changed.
How does it work?
A member of our team will visit you to carry out an assessment, taking into account your individual needs, challenges and aspirations. Our technicians pre-build and programme your bespoke system in our workshop prior to delivering it to your home so that installation is quick and unobtrusive.
“Simple and easy to use” is the key to any successful technology system. @ home safe uses a small control system (no bigger than a Sky box), discreet sensors and remote programming to design a personalised system that will support you to overcome everyday challenges and be independent in your own home.
Examples of what @ home safe can do:
- Discreet sensors provide information about activity in the home for safety and security.
- Voice, text or visual announcements provide prompts for time orientation, appointments, medication, nutrition, security and reassurance.
- Simple media controls provide easy access to TV, radio and music for the individual.
- Access to a purpose-built, secure website allowing you to check real-time information about activity in the home.
- Calendar to manage and personalise announcements and control TV and music remotely.
To download in-depth information about @ home safe, please click here: Bendigo Document (PDF 923kb)